Back to: WIS 82.10 Exterior Lights
Location – Tail Lights
Facelift (after 30/09/2002)
- A2208200764 - tail lamp left
- A2208200864 - tail lamp right
Pre-facelift (before 01/09/2002)
The only difference in pre-facelift and facelift taillights are lens which in facelift version has four transparent horizontal lines instead of pre-facelift's two.
- A2208200164 - tail lamp left
- A2208200264 - tail lamp right
Note: DEPO taillight should not be mixed with the original facelift taillights, since DEPO taillight is a bit lighter (see below).
DEPO All Smoke
- Open your trunk and take the cover out.
- There are four screws, remove them (see below).
For the break light W220 taillights use LED board.
- A2208200411 - right
- A2208200311 - left
There seem to be several versions of LED boards. V?/V2.2 which has square LED bulbs and V2.5/V2.6 which has round LED bulbs.
Defective LED board
Even a single failed LED bulb in the LED board can cause the board to be disabled by the vehicle. If this happens, the error message will appear on the instrument cluster and for the duty of brake lamp will be delegated to fog lamp.
Replacing LED bulbs
The whole LED board unit is expensive. LED bulbs can be replaced by soldering.
- Remove the taillight from vehicle.
- Take the circuit board out, it is attached by one screw (see below).
- Use a 12v adapter by connecting it to the circuit board and see which bulbs are damaged.
- Remove damaged bulbs and install new ones using a soldering iron. Make sure the new led lights are positioned the same exact way the old ones were, otherwise they will not work.
- Once this is done, you can insert the circuit board back into the car. Make sure prior to this all the lights are working.
You can buy square LED bulbs by using this keyword "LED 7.62MM 638NM ALINGAP RED CLR - LTL912SEKSA".