WIS 18.20 Oil Filter, Internal Combustion Engine
From W220 S-Class Encyclopedia
Back to Index
Oil Change Interval - Engine Oil and Filter Service
Extended Oil Change Interval
Checking Oil Level - Engine Oil and Filter Service
Parts - Engine Oil and Filter Service
Very important: The correct filter is a fleece filter, eg. MANN Part HU7185X Oil Filter Kit. Do not make the mistake of buying the cheaper paper filter.
DIY Procedures - Engine Oil and Filter Service
With thanks to BenzWorld Member G-AMG.
Tips - Engine Oil and Filter Service
- Oil should be 140°F-160° F [60°-71°C].
- If using the suction method, cut the end of the tube at a 45 degree angle.
- Warm the engine slightly so the oil flows easily and then it usually won't suck the tube closed.
- Run the engine for 5 to 10 minutes to heat up and thin the oil.
- Turn off engine prior to removing oil.
- Make sure the car is level. If not, you won’t be getting all of the oil out of the pan, no matter which method you use.
- Forget about refilling the new oil via the Oil Filler Cap. While you have the filter assembly out, pour the fresh oil down that huge hole. Less chance to spill, no funnel needed and no funnel to clean up afterwards.
- If using the oil drain method be sure to put the drain plug back before refilling.